Pages

Saturday, December 09, 2006

This week oive been mostly..

Sleeping.

Yup, the CFS has reared it’s ugly little head and attempted to steal my life again - this time around though I haven’t crumpled into a weeping wreck at the unfairness of it all. Stef took me into town on wednesday so I could meet up with Dawn, he’s a good lad really, there should be more about like him!

I’ve cancelled so many meetups with Dawn through this illness that I’m amazed she still bothers with me so I really didn’t want to miss this one but I just couldn’t face the bus journey - even though I’d been in bed for a good 4 hours in an attempt to gather some energy for the outing. Anyhow, Stef drove me in despite it being 5pm and the journey back was likely to be murder for him, I got there not long after she did and we went in to watch a cracking film.

I definitely recommend ‘The Holiday’ to anyone who likes a film that makes you laugh, cry and wince a little at the outright stupidity of some people..

Anyhow, I made it home and basically collapsed, but it was worth it. I do love a good film, and seeing Dawn is always fun.

I've also decided that I'm going to start beading in earnest and attempt to sell my creations on Ebay. I figure if I can at least make back the amount I spend on making the stuff I'm ahead of the game, at present I make things and then give them away - I can't afford to do that anymore.

I have the webspace, I have the knowledge so there's no reason why I can't take photographs of everything I make and store my 'catalogue' online and allow people to pick and choose what they want from me, I can even make 'em to order should it be required - beading is something I can do when I'm too tired to do anything else and it doesn't matter if I leave mid stitch to crash, I know I can carry on when I wake up.

Speaking of which.. I need to go crash, we're supposed to be going out for a curry with friends tonight, I'd really like to not have to beg off again - it's been so long since I had an opportunity to get dressed up and look a bit more glam than a used up dishrag!

No comments: