Pages

Sunday, January 01, 2006

New year, here we go again...

I've cut out alcohol, I've cut out late nights, I'm struggling to at least cut down on sugar and dairy products (though as I'm not a real fan of cheese it's only cream and butter I'm struggling with) I think my immune system is actually better than it's ever been since my bloke is dying of a nasty flu and I'm barely coughing - for the first time in at least 10 years I'm not the first person to catch something!
I think that healthy eating and a decent nights sleep have done wonders for me.
OK, so I still have relapses - but it's all part and parcel of this delightful illness I know and you know that it doesn't change anything except my feelings at the time. Until I'm cured, I'm ill - end of story.
It doesn't mean I have to stop living. I get depressed, fed up and disheartened - but who doesn't?
Life's good.

I'm back to being able to do things again - not much admittedly but at least I'm not bedridden, I've been out to the pub a couple of times with Stef (I don't fancy clubbing though, it'll take a while longer to feel comfortable at the prospect of that again) and the odd restaurant with him and some of our friends, I'm looking forward to this year.

No comments: