Pages

Monday, July 03, 2006

heat and ugh!

I wish the weather would settle down, it's bad enough feeling pms'y and crap without the nasty heat aches kicking in again.

I've been wondering lately if maybe the pill has something to do with cfs/ me. There must be some reason that women are 3 times more likely to come down with this crappy illness than men, I know my mood swings were worse last time I was on the pill - my libido disappeared and I ached a lot more, it worries me because I'm about to start taking it again - albeit a different type.

The problem is, I've always needed help regulating my periods - when I was a kid they'd incapacitate me for a couple of days, the pain was intense and the flow was so heavy it knocked me out.. I'm not quite as bad as I used to be but I still suffer with 'em and only taking the pill seems to help - not only does it ensure I know when I'll start and end the cycle (which is not the case when I'm off it) but the severity is lessened.

Meh, it's too hot to think and I hurt but it's a thought worth following up on.
My Dr. suggested I email Prof Puri to see if it's anything he's come across in his research - I may have to do this.

No comments: